The Kikay in Me


When Ria and Brendel brought a few lady bloggers a few weeks ago for a little get-together, I asked myself why I never thought of creating this blog before. Haven't I been a fan of fashion and kikayness for the longest time?LOL!


One of my earliest memories of being kikay dates back to about 17 years ago. An aunt from the States sent my mom an entire set of Estée Lauder makeup. It was an enormous set with blusher, four-palette eyeshadow, mascara, nail polish, etc. I was so mesmerized by it. I used to sneak inside the room to take that huge make-up box out from the closet. I wanted to grow up faster so I could start using those colorful thingamajigs. Talk about early signs of "kikayness"!


My fascination for fashion and cosmetics grew as the years went by. Supposedly, I wasn't allowed to use anything heavy until I turned 18. But in high school, I had an excuse - Glee Club! Having to be in front of people, we were, of course, required to look decent. The pre-performance make-up sessions were always great bonding moments with my girl (and boy) glee-mates.


Apart from cosmetics, I’m also very much into sunglasses, shoes, and..well..my hair! 

Sunglasses. When I was in high school, I had an excessive hankering for shades. I still have that kind of gusto until this day. I cannot count the number of pairs that were once in my possession. Sadly, I lost a few of them. Some were left at fitting rooms in malls, some at restaurants, etc. I do have a few pairs I still enjoy now, though. I just love sunglasses! Not only do they protect my slightly blind (God forbid) eyes from the tropical sun, they also add that element of enigma to my getup.


Shoes. I particularly have this "subtle" obsession for cheap and chic shoes. One time I bought 3 pairs in just one day! Couldn't blame me though! They were all fabulously on sale.
Fashion doesn't have to be expensive. But then, most of us have proven that already. I simply try and find the right places to give me stuff that nurture the kikay in me.


My hair. I used to have wavy hair during my early years. Even though I was a mere grader, I was a kikay at heart, and having unmanageable hair was a constant exasperation. Being a kid, I didn't know of hair relaxants or other "remedies" to my dilemma. I found out about the latter during my late high school days and got my first hair relax treatment at Hairs and Nails Salon. I was in total euphoria after bidding my messy hair goodbye. It surely did a lot in boosting my self-confidence.


It’s fun being a girl! Kikay blogs like Shoppingera, Get Prettefied, and KikayMuch prove that statement. I’m glad I have this new blog as an arena to express the kikay in me and how much fun it could be.

3 comments:

Brendel on December 15, 2010 at 11:58 PM said...

Ibang klase ang pagiging gifted child mo ha. Sobrang agang nagkainterest sa makeup.

Kathy on January 25, 2011 at 2:08 AM said...

lagi del...underage kaayu!

RJ on April 6, 2011 at 4:33 AM said...

WoW..! Idol jud nako si ma'am bah...:)

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada